Monday, April 6, 2009

For a Good Cause

Wanna do something good for someone in need? click here http://isothegoldenegg.blogspot.com/2009/04/please-go-shopping-for-great-cause.html

I'm out of words on what to type, but I recently learned of this blogger who was reaching out to others to help out a dad who is just trying to keep it all together.  It is a tear jerker, but a lesson in kindness.  I donated a few items that I knit to the etsy page to benefit the Liz Logan Foundation, and if you have items to donate, please contact either me or isothegoldenegg.blogspot.com because it sure does make you feel better when life gets ya down.  

I remember last year when Frank was in the hospital for a week and a half with a horrible sickness, we racked up almost 10,000 dollars in hospital bills we couldn't pay.  We returned home from Doernbecher and were asked to meet a friend for coffee...my husband went, and there he was presented with almost $4000.00  They had "passed the hat" for us, and I cried for days.  I was overwhelmed by the kindness that people had in their hearts.  It helped us to pay our mortgage that month from not being able to work, and it helped offset some of our hospital bills.  I still cry about how kind people can be.  

So, lets bring some tears of joy to Matt and his loving little family! c'mon girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment