Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Green Smoothie


So, yesterday one of my girlfriends introduced me to the "green smoothie" When she first started describing it, it sounded so good. She said it had papaya, pineapple, mango (or something like that) fresh mint, and then......spinach. I was a bit turned off by the last ingredient, but I knew I was trying to change my ways and eat healthier so I thought I'd give it a chance. I have been having stomach issues for a week or so now, and I needed a little "green smoothie" in my life.

I poured myself a glass, and it went down surprisingly easy! It actually tasted good too! I left her house feeling refreshed and actually able to stomach a real meal last night, which I haven't been able to do for a few days. It doesn't look appetizing, it doesn't sound appetizing.....but it smells great, and will make you feel great too! Here's the recipe;

Green Smoothie

2-3 C. Fruit such as mango, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, etc...
1 - 1/2 C. greens such as chard, spinach, lettuce, kale, beet tops etc...
1/4 C. Herb such as Cilantro, parsley or mint (I use fresh mint)
2 T. Chia seed gel (you can google that....super interesting)
1-2 T. Coconut Oil
add water to top of fruit, blend.

Try it!

Cheers,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment