Monday, July 13, 2009

Good Monday Morning!

Well guys and gals, its a pretty nice Monday morning here! I am hoping to get a bit of shopping done today...find some good deals! I went to Goodwill yesterday and finally figured out that they change the color of the week on Sundays....so, this week is Black, and already I found a beeswax candle for only $2.00, a throw pillow for $1.50 and a pair of yoga pants for $2.00.
I have no shame in thrift store shopping...as a hard working mama of a busy and rapidly growing two year old, I think that thrift stores are a blessing!

Even if you go to your local thrift store to buy things and then sell them on craigslist, its helping us mamas out! So find out the colors of the week, deals of the day and deals of the week at your local thrift store and start your treasure hunting! you'd be amazed at what you find.

Last week I found two little tikes play structures at my thrift store for only $20.00 each, I sold one for $75.00 and am keeping the other for my little guy....so, not so bad at the end of the day.

Now, I know what you may be thinking...I thought it too. Is it right to buy something from a thrift store and sell it for more on craiglist? I didn't think so at first, but my husband told me, "honey, they get it for free, they've made the amount of money THEY deemed fair, and so what happens to it from there is not their concern" so...I decided it was ok. Hopefully I'm not going to hell for that one...

well, off to start my day!

cheers,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment